Being a solopreneur does not mean being alone
Believe it or not, there are other crazy people like you launching businesses in Mallorca.
And together you could be achieving incredible results.
What is a Mastermind group?
Let’s start from the beginning.
You’ve had a great idea and you’ve decided to start a business.
Maybe an online business.
Maybe a “brick and mortar” one.
It may be your first one.
You’ve seen others doing it and they’re doing quite well.
As the motivational gurus say: if others can do it, so can you. Right?
So let’s get to work.
You buy the domain, create a facebook group, discuss the idea with your friends and they’re very enthusiastic (they’re not lying to you, are they?).
Time just flies by and you’ve already spent a week working on your idea. By next week you’ll have something to show.
Should you use this platform to collect emails and start getting some payments? It’s great because you don’t have to invest anything up front but, will it be a good decision in the long term? Who knows?
You keep investing time and some of your savings building the first version.
You publish your first ad on Facebook. Wait for some days but it’s not working as expected.
Could it be the ad? Maybe the offer?
Probably it’s the photo you’ve used. Yes, you’re sure that’s the reason.
You change it and wait some more days and invest some more money.
Really? Still no sales?
The solution has to be in Google. But, after hours of research, you’re even more confused. Who should I listen to?
Hey! Finally, you’ve got some subscribers to your list. Congrats!
You launch the first email and… silence.
How come they don’t even open the email? Did they get the email? Did it go to spam?
Why is it so complicated?
Are you on the right track?
You’ve invested six weeks and still haven’t got any result.
Should you quit? Or keep trying?
Does this story sound familiar to you?
Then a Mastermind group may be the solution you are looking for.
If you don’t understand what I’m talking about it’s probably too early to look for a Mastermind group. I encourage you from the bottom of my heart to keep going and I wish you a great success with your idea very soon.
A small club of like-minded talents who meet periodically for mutual brainstorming and accountability sessions
Ok… and so what?
Have you heard the saying that “you are the average of the five people you spend the most time with“?
Well, this Mastermind is the five people you should be with.
A Mastermind is a group of professionals like you who are going to put what you know, your experience, your imagination and your contacts to help each other achieve your goals.
If you are an entrepreneur, and especially if you work alone to be successful, you need yes or no to the following:
- Disconnect at least 90 minutes a week from the day-to-day tasks that fill your schedule and dedicate them to thinking strategically about your business: Where are you going? Where do you want to go? Are you doing what you should be doing? Are you really the owner of your business or just an employee of it?
- Listen to other points of view than your own that help you question your ever-present, know-it-all little voice inside. Their experiences, their comments, their innocent questions can open your mind to possibilities you may not have thought of.
- Put yourself in the shoes of others and have to explain your project and your plans to those who have not conceived them. This exercise alone will often already make you detect weaknesses or new opportunities in your own strategy.
- Feel monitored, controlled, watched so that whatever you decide in these meetings does not go to the drawer of oblivion as soon as you leave it and make sure it is done for the next one, ensuring that your project always advances.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Four eyes see more than two.
(Not counting my four eyes :))
Together they will prevent you from falling into the same mistakes that others already have fallen into. They will make you see those blind spots that your mind tends to ignore and that can be critical to your project.
They will challenge you and force you to move forward step by step, week by week. No more analysis paralysis.
And, of course, you will do the same for others.
And how does the group work?
It is a group of between 3 and 5 people, plus the moderator, who meets weekly in virtual sessions of one and a half hours.
Each meeting deals with a topic that concerns you and that you have raised and selected together. You can talk about what you think: which product to create, for which niche, how to set up the strategy, how to invoice, how to deal with the bureaucracy, how to find partners or suppliers, etc. You decide.
First meetings are for presentation and discovery so that you can get to know each other.
And in that same process you will discover yourself and your business.
Each participant will tell his or her experience and you will all share feedback. You will all participate equally in each session.
You will take with you a challenge for the next meeting: something that, when you succeed, will have moved your business forward.
What will I find in that group, and what will be expected of me?
For a Mastermind group to work all participants must meet 3 requirements. This is both what you must contribute and what you can expect and require from others
1. What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas
In these meetings you will all talk about your business and you should be able to do so with complete peace of mind.
You are going to talk about invoicing, expenses, strategies, campaigns, experiments, successes and errors, risks, competitors and competitive advantages, strengths and weaknesses.
If you cannot say how much you can invest, if you cannot show a half-built product, if you have to talk in the abstract, if you have to keep quiet, you are going to get some generic and not very useful advice.
Confidence is essential to be able to speak clearly within the group and get the maximum specific benefit.
2. Do or do not. There’s no try
Entering the group requires some time on your part to introduce yourself to others and to get to know them. Replacing a participant is a problem for the rest of the team because they do not know you and you do not know them.
And in order to benefit you need to take it seriously. If you skip weekly meetings you will lose the thread. If you don’t work on the challenges you set yourself, you won’t see progress and you will end up demotivating yourself and the rest of the team.
So if you decide to participate in the group we expect you to commit to staying in the group in the medium term.
If you participate and work you will see results week by week. Which is the best possible motivation to continue.
3. Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much
The value of a Mastermind is that together we build a much larger mind.
For this to work you must come willing to contribute. To talk. To share your opinion. To say yours.
There are no wrong answers. The theoretically most absurd idea can awaken a cascade of new proposals that can provide the solution to the blockage someone has.
It is not worth coming to listen and have your problem solved. This way you will never really become part of the group.
When you get involved you will quickly feel proud of everything this Mastermind is creating. You will be part of the creation and growth, not only of your business, but also of all your colleagues.
How do I sign up?
These are the steps you have to take if you are interested in joining.
First you must fill in your details in the form below.
You will receive a brief questionnaire which is essential for the subsequent meeting.
We will agree on a date for a 20-30 minute call. Totally free. No obligation. This meeting is of vital importance whether you decide to come in or not as it will help me to know where your business stands, whether the Mastermind group is the best solution for you and which group is most suitable in your case.
You can be sure that, if for whatever reason it is not convenient to enter the programme, I will tell you and also advise you on the path that I see most suitable for your case.
If there is no space in a group that fits you and it’s okay with you, I can add you to the waiting list for when there is a space or in a group.
If there’s a group and there is space, you will attend the first meeting at no cost so that you can meet the rest of the participants and they can get to know you. If after that meeting someone thinks that there might be some possible problem of competition or that the new incorporation could be a brake on the already established group, anyone can tell me in total confidence and the new applicant will not join that group.
Just a moment. Before moving on… How much does it cost?
Well, in a mastermind group you are the stars.
Therefore, if you provide the problems and solutions, what am I doing here?
What I will bring to you and the group is:
- Help you find the ideal group with professionals in a similar situation to yours.
- I will save you time by discarding those people for whom Mastermind is not the solution because they lack the mentality or some of the basic requirements: confidentiality, commitment and collaboration.
- Organise virtual meetings and keep you informed of changes and the agenda.
- Provide you with the tools to keep in touch with the rest of the group both during and between meetings
- I’ll ask some occasional challenging question to keep it high
- I will be the implacable judge to ensure that you do not rest on your laurels and keep progressing towards your goals
- I will facilitate the meetings so that they are agile, fun while ensuring you stick to the agenda and everyone participates equally.
- Plan the first introductory and self-discovery meetings so that you see progress from the first minute.
- And, although it should not be my role, I know that I will not know how to be quiet so I will put my two eyes, my two ears and my knowledge, experience and contacts to contribute to whatever I think can help you.
All this during 90-minute weekly virtual meetings.
The cost for you, if you decide to sign up is 140 euros per 4 consecutive sessions or 320 euros per 12 sessions. VAT is included.
As said before, commitment to the group and constancy is vital for everyone. That’s why, if you commit to a whole quarter, you’ll benefit from this important discount.
Ah! The first meeting is free.
What you have to see is if you are going to quickly recover the time and money you invest. If you’re not sure, my advice is leave aside the distractions and focus fully on moving forward with your initiative.